About half-way between Glandore and Rosscarbery, near Roury, is the ruin of an old house which belonged to the Coppingers long ago (Coppingers Court). There was a big lawn in the front of the house with silver gates at the entrance. During the Rising of 1641, the house was attacked. The two silver gates were stolen.
Drombeg Stone Circle, situated about two miles south-east of Glandore village, is probably the best known archaeological site in West Cork. Before it was excavated by Professor Edward Fahy in 1957, it was known locally to the locals as the Druid’s Altar. Professor Fahy found fourteen standing stones forming a circle, the diameter of which is 9.3 meters approximately
The mines were worked in the early years for the production of copper 1810-1820. Subsequently the mines were worked for manganese, which was exported to Liverpool.